During this group session we made hamburger .. cookies! This is sweet treat that is easy to make at home.
Ingredients: vanilla wafers, chocolate covered cookie, coconut flakes, green food coloring, red and yellow frosting.
- put coconut flakes in a plastic bag with a few drops of green food coloring. Shake together until all the coconut flakes are green (this is going to be the lettuce for your burger).
- Put a small amount of frosting on the flat side of a wafer cookie and place the chocolate covered cookie on top.
- Smear one side of the chocolate covered cookie with yellow frosting and the other side with red frosting (ketchup and mustard).
- Sprinkle the green coconut flakes on top of the frosting.
- Finally, place another wafer cookie of the top to complete your hamburger!
The kids loved these mini burger cookies, we hope yours do too!