Happy Valentines Day!
During our group this week the theme was all about valentines, so we made a healthy snack and a sweet treat for the students to enjoy!
Apple and Strawberry Hearts:
Tools: heart shaped cookie cutter, knife
Ingredients: apples, strawberries, peanut butter, chocolate chips (optional)
- cut your apple into thick round slices
- take the heart shaped cookie cutter and press into the apple until a heart shaped piece comes out
- spread some peanut butter in the center of your heart apple
- take a strawberry and cut it in half, place the flat side facing down on the peanut butter
- (optional) take some mini chocolate chips and place them around your strawberry on the excess peanut butter
Tools: ice-cream scoop, long straws, spoons, cups
Ingredients: cherry 7up, vanilla ice-cream, whipped cream, cherries or strawberries
- Start with 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice-cream in your cup
- pour cherry 7up until the ice-cream is covered
- top with whipped cream and cherry or strawberries
Each of the student had a part in making their snacks. One student poured the soda, while one scooped the ice-cream, and another topped with whipped cream and fruit. We encourage turn taking and helping others during all of our group activities!